Think you have what it takes to work with our team? If you have great leadership qualities, experience, a passion for remodeling, a big heart and a sense of humor, we would love to meet you! Please send your resume to email@example.com.
The Carpenter Apprentice’s starting time is 7:30 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. with one half hour for lunch. The work week is normally Monday through Friday but because of the responsibilities of running a construction project, these hours are somewhat flexible. Pay is on a bi-weekly pay period with one week held back.
The carpenter apprentice will assist construction personnel with job site tasks. This person will take direction from the project managers on the job. They should possess basic carpentry skills and perform work in a safe manner and follow company policies and procedures. Perform carpentry under direct supervision.
- Responsible for carrying our carpentry labor, material handling, and job site cleanup as assigned by the project manager. Questions or problems should be brought to the attention of the project manager.
- Responsible for installing protections as instructed
- Strives to improve on carpentry skills and gain greater understanding of basic construction techniques. Performs to the best of ability; follows directions well
- Maintains a safe and clean job site
- Respectful of customer’s property. Protects furniture/belongings from construction materials, debris, etc.
- Understands and complies with all company policies
- Understand and complies with all safety guidelines
- Maintains excellent company image; demonstrates integrity
- Maintains positive customer, fellow employee and public relations
- Attends company meetings and company functions as requested
- Demonstrates allegiance to company; respect for supervisors
- Miscellaneous other duties as required
- Basic carpentry skills
- Ability to learn, and to follow directions carefully
- Good communication skills
- Curiosity and ability to learn
- The ability to read and understand construction documentation
- Neat appearance
- Reliable vehicle
- Eighty hour bi-weekly period
- Ability to perform physically demanding work on a consistent basis, including lifting 100 pounds
Basic hand tools such as hammer, tape measure, speed square, nail apron, circular saw, drill
Characteristics of a great Project Manager (leader) at WCDB
- Happy Disposition (positive outlook on life)
- Holds honesty and integrity as one of their highest priorities
- Shows humility by desiring to always learn, better their skills, and better their character
- Admits mistakes and turns those mistakes into valuable lessons by which their skills and character improve
- Takes great pride in the efforts they put forth – thoroughly enjoys building and renovations
- Takes joy in building happiness in the lives of people with whom they interact (encourages others)
- Enjoys people – cares for people and takes the extra steps to show care
- Reader of books (leaders are readers) – always learning and growing
- Leans in and does not give in to circumstances – often asks, “what else can be done to achieve the desired outcome?” when faced with challenges
- Confident in themselves and their abilities
Skills of a great Project Manager at WCDB
- Well organized and good time management skills
- Holds a thorough understanding of the process required in remodeling and new construction
- Can read floor plans and envision the process
- Creative – able to visualize the final product
- Can create accurate building schedules from the first step to the last
- Domino Thinker – understands that one change/decision will have a domino effect beyond that step
- People skills – clients, coworkers, trade partners, inspectors
- Able to read between the lines when interacting with people
- Communicates well verbally and via email/texts
- Plans well
- Manages stress well
- Able to encourage others to work hard and produce high quality work
- Proficient with Buildertrend
- Multitasks well
Responsibilities of a Project Manager at WCDB
- Produce jobs that are on budget, on schedule, and happy clients
- Order and coordinate delivery equipment required for each project
- Order and coordinate material deliveries for an efficient building procedure
- Manage all Trade Partners and assure schedule runs smoothly (trades arrive on time and finish on time)
- Hand in and assign job names and cost codes to all receipts every Friday
- Update the Buildertrend schedule daily
- Submit daily logs on Buildertrend with a minimum of 4 pictures per day
- Manage/respond to client calls, emails, texts, Builder Trend messages/comments
- Communicate project progress with clients
- Manage client expectations
- Maintain a clean and safe job site
- Estimate and submit change orders on Buildertrend for unforeseen conditions and/or client requests
- Order and manage deliveries of rough materials not provided by Trade Partners
- Manage finish material deliveries ordered by the Interior Designer
- Work with the Interior Designer throughout the project
- Manage and control quality of work
- Schedule and conduct Walkthroughs with clients (Post Framing WT, Pre-electrical WT, Pre-drywall WT, Assured Happiness WT)
- Actively look for ways to serve and bless clients (e.g. bring their newspaper into the house in the mornings, bring in empty trash cans and place them in the correct positions, etc.)
Summary of a Project Manager at WCDB
We at West Chester Design/Build take our mission of building happiness to heart and seek to partner with individuals who exhibit the qualities that foster happiness. We believe that the qualities mentioned above go hand in hand with happiness. Happy people make people happy. We strive to serve our clients well and impact their lives with positivity and joy.
Health Benefits, Vacation, Holidays, etc. will apply after our normal trial period.
Pay is dependent on experience and value to the company.
Please only apply if you feel that you easily meet these requirements and that you live within 15 miles of West Chester/Exton, PA. We prefer to hire an individual who is local and can work close to where they live.
Please DO NOT apply if you are currently living more than 15 miles from West Chester, that includes the city of Philadelphia or New Jersey. Nothing against these areas, but as a team, we feel that it is just too far to travel long-term and will eventually become an issue.